Mummy Core Restore & Baby Massage: Introductory Course Postnatal Exercise Class Chermside
- Build abdominal support and control
- Improve pelvic floor function through addressing weakness, overactivity and coordination
- Establish better postural habits
- Build core support
- Improve overall tone
- Create a sense of wellbeing and connection to a supportive community
Form friendships with new Mums by taking advantage of the delicious meals available at Chatters Coffee Shop. The coffee shop is part of the church campus and is set up with Mums in mind. There is a large undercover, fenced area to fit everyone’s prams and most importantly the food is baked fresh onsite, affordable and “just like Grandma cooks”.
- Tuesday 10 am – Commences 1st Tuesday of each month. Bookings Essential!
- $90 for the Course (Receipts provided as 4 individual receipts)
We recommend participants book into our Early Postnatal Screening Clinic for an individual review when starting this course. The 30 min session allows us to develop an understanding of your particular stage in recovery and to create a clear pathway for rehabilitation through this course and beyond including:
- checking abdominal wall function (assess diastasis recovery),
- areas of stiffness, hypermobility or, difficulty with control of movements,
- muscle recruitment patterns and baseline strength
Prior to your physical assessment, you will be asked to complete a form with comprehensive questions on your birth history, medical and exercise history, pelvic floor function and goals you hope to achieve through classes. Private health funds require an individual assessment for providing rebates. Those not choosing to claim a rebate can opt-out of the assessment.
If your baby is older or you have completed the Introductory course we offer the following weekly classes Mummy Core & Conditioning and Move Mummy Move, plus a Readiness to Run Boot-camp Workshop.
Why Choose Be In Blossom
Movement specialists with university-level training in anatomy, biomechanics and physiology.
Completed Postgraduate Courses
Our Physiotherapists have completed postgraduate courses to identify and manage pelvic floor dysfunction, abdominal wall and pelvic disorders.
Skilled in Pregnancy, Postnatal & Recovery Exercises
Physiotherapists are trained in exercise prescription specific to pregnancy, the postnatal period and recovery from gynaecological surgery.
Physiotherapists understand the biopsychosocial model of care, providing a more holistic approach to your health.
Comply With Strict Regulatory Procedures
All registered Physiotherapists must comply with strict regulatory procedures to ensure the safety of their clients including mandatory continuing education, documentation, scope of practice and code of conduct.