Be In Blossom has established a screening clinic for new Mums to provide assessment and guidance in their preparation to return to exercise.
What does the Screening Clinic Offer?
With an emphasis on early intervention (6wks-6mths), our clinic aims to provide Mums with a 30min consultation focused on one or more of the following areas:
Perform a comprehensive abdominal wall (diastasis) check:
- Assess inter-recti distance (degree of separation) along the length of the wall
- Assess linea alba tension (connective tissue joining the borders of the rectus abdominal muscles)
- Ability to control intra-abdominal pressure with various abdominal wall challenges
- Coordination of the abdominal wall with pelvic floor and breathing
- Provide a selection of exercises to assist recovery of function and appearance with an individualised approach
- Check your alignment
- Check for muscle imbalance
- Teach suitable exercises to address potential problem areas such as upper and lower back pain, poor rib cage movement, persistent groin or pelvic pain
Functional assessment with loading tasks:
- Assess the response of your trunk and breathing to a series of exercises that are a progression from those provided during your in-hospital physio visit
- Guide your choices in returning to exercise including loads and exercise type
Pre-class Assessment for Private Health Fund:
- Ladies wishing to claim their postnatal exercises classes with Be In Blossom through their private health should attend a screening assessment
- The assessment is valid for 12 months and should also be claimable through your private health
- Recommendations can be made for further physiotherapy input through either attending our specialised exercise classes, referral to a colleague for individual treatment sessions or a combination. Though our Physiotherapists are trained in pelvic floor assessments our screening clinic does not involve an internal examination. We are happy to suggest one of our colleagues for those Mums who would benefit from this, using the feedback provided by the pelvic floor assessment to assist in tailoring our classes to best suit your needs.
30 min consults = $70
Private room at the Chermside Kedron Community Church (where our classes are run)
590 Gympie Rd, Chermside
There is ample onsite parking, parents room, cafe and easy pram access.
Babies are welcome to attend your appointment. It is best to plan ahead for feeds and settling as our appointments run strictly to 30min. You might like to consider bringing someone along with you to assist with your baby should they become unsettled. Of course, we understand this is not always easy to arrange so please don’t worry if this isn’t possible.