Mummy Core & Conditioning
No matter how fit or strong you are leading into your pregnancy, it takes time to rebuild the abdominal wall and pelvic floor support. There is no blanket rule for readiness to return to different exercise types such as sit-ups, lifting weights or running. Our Physiotherapists will piece together your pre-pregnancy, pregnancy, birth and early recovery profile to tailor your rehabilitation in an evidence-based manner.
Mummy Core & Conditioning Classes are open to Mums looking to increase the challenge to their core developed after completing the Core Restore Introductory program. Mums who have attended classes with a previous baby, who’s baby is older or who have a timetable clash that doesn’t allow them access to the Introductory course can join these classes without taking part in the Introductory program.
Mummy Core & Conditioning classes have previously been referred to as Postnatal Pilates, however, changes to Private Heath reforms have seen a name change and descriptors developed that reflect the evidence-led, comprehensive nature of our programming. Classes include the following:
- Comprehensive pelvic floor training including both strengthening and relaxation strategies.
- Integration of pelvic floor into more dynamic and complex movements with a focus on functional application.
- Deep abdominal training coordinating the layers of the abdominal wall into toning exercises appropriate for various levels from beginner, intermediate and advanced.
- Targeted muscle toning and flexibility movements to correct muscle imbalances resulting from pregnancy and caring for your baby.
- A particular focus to tone the buttock muscles and thighs for lifting; improve flexibility through the spine to combat the fixed posture nursing and carrying your baby causes;
- develop your awareness of the positions you adopt through your day and give you strategies to avoid discomfort from habitual postures that overload areas of your body.
Benefits of postnatal exercise as per Sports Medicine Australia include:
- Improvements in emotional well-being.
- Reduced anxiety and depression.
- Improved physical conditioning
- Reduced postpartum weight gain and faster return to pre-pregnancy weight.
Pelvic floor training in a supervised format can cure stress urinary incontinence in 50% and improve in 72% of women! (Based on 2018 Cochrane Review).
Babies are welcome to all daytime classes.
Monday Afternoon 1:00 pm
Tuesday Mornings 9:00 am and 11:00 am
Thursday Night 7:30 pm
Friday Mornings 9:00 am and 10:00 am
5 Class Pass $100 ($20 / Class)
Valid for 3 months.
Casual $22.50 / Class